What to Expect
Experienced divers and underwater photographers will enjoy the smaller, harder to find macro life that abounds the fringing reefs of the local islands. Some of the animals you will find are nudibranch’s, bamboo sharks, seahorse, brittle stars, shrimp, and other harder to find reef life.
Diving in Phu Quoc offers something for everyone and is an adventure that will make your holiday one that you will never forget. You do not need to be an expert swimmer or even have any previous underwater experience. Take a plunge today, it is something that will stay with you forever.
Phu Quoc Scuba Diving Spots
Diving the north
- Turtle Island – Best spot in the north for diving and diving is available year round. Maximum depth is 12m.
- Fingernail Island – At 10m, it is a great spot for beginners.
Diving the south
- May Rut West – Max depth 25m. You may see banded sea snakes and bamboo sharks here.
- May Rut Trong – A beginner site. Max depth is 10m.
- Hon Thom (Pineapple Island North & South) – Great overall site with a maximum depth of 35m.
- 2 Reef Coconuts – 18m maximum depth. You may see puffer fish here.
- The Outside – A lot of rocks and a maximum depth of 12m.
- Dragon Rock – Angel fish sanctuary.
- Dam Ngoai South – Maximum depth of 18m. Lots of macro species here.
- Dam Ngoai West – Nudibranch’s can be found here. This is a great muck diving site.
- Roi South – A place where you can see great white whip corals.
- Roi East – At only 10m maximum depth you will find mantis shrimp and quid here.
Other Diving Spots Include: Hon Dan Ngang, Hon Doi, Hom Kim Guy, Da Chong , Bai Boi, Ngoc Trai ,Ky Lan
Dive Operators in Phu Quoc
The number of dive shops in Phu Quoc seem to grow every year. Here’s a list of the islands main dive operators:
Coco Dive Center
Address: 58 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc
Tel: 077 982 100
24 Hour Hotline: 0913 462 300 / 0914 468 200
Address: Office is located on Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong or book through your hotel reception or visit the Rainbow Bar on Long beach or the Rainbow Restaurant.
Tel: 0913 400 964
Address: 91 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong or 14 Tran Hung Dao St, Duong Dong
Tel: 077 399 4577 / 077 329 1679
Fax: 077 399 4578
Address: 36 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc
Tel: 077 846 372 / 0914 095 293 / 0914 116 006
Address: 60 Tran Hung Dao