What to see
- Khmer life: You can see how local Khmer communities live on the island. All the residents at Rach Vem Village are quite friendly and are more than willing to talk with you or pose for pictures.
Rach Vem Beach
Rach Vem Beach
Note: When talking to the locals, please do not mention about the Cambodia-Vietnam war or about Pol Pot’s regime as this is a sensitive issue up here.
What To Do
- Fishing: Besides taking pictures you can also ask a local fisherman to take you out fishing for a small fee.
Where To Eat & Drink
- You can purchase snacks and local dishes off the main road leading into Rach Vem Village:
Rach Vem Accommodations
If you do decide to stay in Rach Vem Beach, we recommend the following:
Phong Lan Villa Resort
- Price: 395,000VND for 1 double bed to 945,000VND for 6 double beds
- Address: Phong Lan Villa Resort is located in Rach Vem village.
- Amenities: A/C, swimming pool, WIFI, BBQ, kitchen, hot shower, washing machine, and laundry service
- To book call: 33673420251 | +84903717270
Phong Lan Villa Resort Review: This resort is extremely isolated. If that is something that you are after, then give them a call and make a reservation. Electricity is not always stable but they do have generators. Phong Lan Villa Resort in Rach Vem is perfect for the flashpacker-adventurer type, for couples who want to relax in the middle of no where, and for those who want to experience village life yet come back to a place that has modern amenities. Prices quoted may change and are negotiable.
Need To Know
Rach Vem Eco Tourism Project
Rach Vem and Rach Tram are slated to be redeveloped for tourism. The project is known as the “Rach Tram project” and will be an eco-tourism project that will incorporate the Phu Quoc National Forest and the north coastline. Tourist spots shall be located between Nhum and Coc canals, a community tourist center shall be located at the center of the beach, and the population quarter of the fishing village shall be located along Vem canal to the southwest of the beach.