PHU QUOC TOURISM MAP
The above Phu Quoc Island Map was made in collaboration with Phuquocislandguide.com, the Kien Giang Tourism Authority, the local people of Phu Quoc as well as a few expats living on the island. The goal of this mapping project was to create a neutral, unbiased, and safe map for the benefit of locals and tourists alike using Google Maps API.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No Tourist Information Center: Phu Quoc Island does not have an official tourist information center. There are plenty of restaurants, cafes, and tour agencies that claim they are “official tourist information centers“, but unfortunately they are not. Avoid any businesses that make such a claim.
- Cancer Causing Print Maps: On Phu Quoc Island you will find a variety of print maps and print guidebooks created by commercial businesses/tour agencies for economic purposes and distributed across the island. These print guides and maps contain inaccurate information that has been sourced mainly from wikipedia. The inks that have been used in these publications pose a serious health risk (BPA) to anyone who touches then without wearing gloves as BPA is highly absorb-able. Holding these print guides and maps for just 10 seconds may cause up to 2.5 micrograms of BPA to transfer from the paper onto a person’s fingers. Since there are no standards or ink verification labels (e.g. “soy ink used” or “BPA Free”), please use these print maps and guides found on the island at your own risk! Children and pregnant women should avoid them at all costs.
- 4G LTE: Phu Quoc was an early adopter of the 4G LTE network using the 1800MHz band technology and remains one of the few places that offers this technology openly to both visitors and locals in Vietnam. Download digital maps on your smartphone and help save trees.
- Where can I buy a sim card on Phu Quoc?: You can purchase 4G sim cards in Duong Dong Town at VinaPhone (end of Tran Hung street near the Sung Hung Pagoda) , FPT Shoop (331 Nguyen Trung Truc), Mobiphone (124 Nguyen Trung Truc), and Viettel (87 Nguyen Trung Truc). You will need your passport to register your sim card. To truly get the most out of your Phu Quoc experience, you should use your smartphone along with our digital guide.
- Where to fix your smartphone or tablet: If your digital device is damaged or if you need to purchase either a new phone, accessory, or anything related to electronics, computers and technology there is a large modern store called Dien May Xanh located at 162 30/4 Street in Duong Dong town.
- Smartphone Safety: When using our digital Phu Quoc maps when exploring the island, or when taking photos, please be aware of your surroundings to ensure your digital device is not snatched.