Phu Quoc Motorbike rentals are available almost everywhere and you can rent one from either your hotel/resort, a dedicated motorbike rental shop, or directly from a local. You can even hire a motorcycle taxi, called a Xe Om, if you do not want to ride your own motorbike but want that experience.
The most popular place on Phu Quoc to find shops renting out motorbikes is at Long Beach Village, Phu Quoc's backpacking area located in Bai Truong.
Phu Quoc Motorbike Rental Costs
The following are some typical motorbike rental costs on Phu Quoc:
- Semi Automatic: 150,000VND to 200,00VND ($6.00US to $10.00US) per day.
- Automatic: 180,000VND to 250,000VND ($8.00US to $13.00US) per day.
- Motorbike rental per hour: roughly 30,000VND ($1.50US)
- Motorbike rental per week: $45.00US to $65.00US *subject to your negotiating skills
- Cost of a Xe Om: Short trips are around town cost 40,000VND. For longer trips, negotiate with the driver.
Our expert advise: Try to rent a motorbike from your hotel or resort, especially if you plan on renting a motorbike for more than one day. If your resort or hotel does not have motorbikes for rent, they will procure one for you.
Motorbike Rental Insurance: Majority of the motorbikes on Phu Quoc are not insured by the motorbike rental company. If you get into an accident, you have to pay all the fees for repair and/or the replacement cost of the motorbike.
What To Expect From Phu Quoc Motorbike Rental Shops:
- Motorbike rentals are usually for the day (12hours). Ask the shop if they can rent you a motorbike for 24hrs, especially if you want to catch the sunrise somewhere.
- Discounted rates are given for weekly and monthly rentals.
- Basic helmets are provided (most often they are visor-less and not full-faced).
- The shop will have a collection of old and new motorbikes. Try to pick a newer motorbike if you can.
- 2 types of bikes are available for rent: automatic and semi. Semi's are usually 50,000VND cheaper per day and consume less gas. Automatics are easier to ride as you do not need to shift gears.
- Normally there is no contract to sign. You pay the money, choose your helmet, and then you are ready to ride.
Can I Rent A Motorbike At The Phu Quoc International Airport?
As of December 2017 you cannot rent a motorbike at the airport directly. You can, however, get a motorbike delivered to you by making arrangements in advanced. This is not recommended though as you will not get to choose your motorbike.