Suoi Tranh Stream & Waterfall
The Tranh Stream (Suoi Tranh or Suối Tranh) is the location of an eco park that consists of natural gardens, hiking trails, a stream, and a waterfall.
Although the waterfall is not big, it is still picturesque and the trail leading to the falls is very scenic. Follow the wide cobblestone like path into the forest and you’ll pass colorful souvenir stands, a variety of trees and vegetation, and small streams on your way to the waterfall. Soon you will feel a cooling mist dispersing through the air, and suddenly the gushing falls come into view. Stop at the rest area at the base of the falls to take some photos, enjoy cold drinks and snacks or dip your feet in the cooling river, or head further up the hill to stand on top of the falls. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the falls from the main entrance.
Overview Of Tranh Stream
The following is a video of the Suoi Tranh Stream:
Suoi Tranh Eco Park
The waterfall and stream are both located in the Suoi Tranh Eco Park which is a popular attraction in Phu Quoc amongst organized tour groups so try to arrive early. Unlike the Da Ban Stream, this place has a lot of amenities such as proper washrooms, a garden, and vendors selling food and souvenirs. There is an area to park your motorbike, bicycle, or car and parking costs 10,000VND. Admission to the stream is only 5,000VND and it is often not collected.
Location Of Suoi Tranh:
From Duong Dong Town and the Long Beach area, it will take you about 15 minutes to get to Suoi Tranh Eco Park. Head south on Tran Hung Dao Street towards the airport and at the roundabout, before the airport, turn left. Travel for about 5 minutes until you reach the end of the road and then make a right onto the main road. Travel for another 7 minutes and on your left hand side you will see a giant concrete gate.
What to see
- Bat Cave – Further up the trail is a rather impressive cave that is worth a visit if you have time.
- Wild Orchids & Ginseng – As you walk towards the trail, keep an eye out for orchid, ginseng, and other beautiful flora.
What to do
- Picnic – be like a local and bring your own food and have a picnic along the stream. Please remember to pick up our garbage if you decide on having a picnic here.
- Soak – you can’t really swim at the waterfall site but you can soak in the pool created by the falls.
Where to eat and drink
- There is a full scale restaurant located on site here in case you are hungry or thirsty.
Need to know
- Like with most waterfalls, the falls here are more impressive during the rainy season but it is also worth visiting during the dry season.
- If you do not arrive early, expect to share your Phu Quoc waterfall experience with a lot of other tourists and locals.
- You can climb to the top of the waterfall, just be careful. Unfortunately the pool below is too shallow to jump into.