Phu Quoc Casino
Introduction: Phu Quoc’s Integrated Casino’s
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam (also known as Phú Quốc) is the home to some of Asia’s best casino’s and as an international gambling destination it pulls in more money than any other casino in Vietnam. Superb architecture, fine dining, exciting night life and luxury five star accommodations compliment Phu Quoc’s 30,000m² of space allocated for casino’s and gambling, including up to 400 roulette tables, 2,000 slot and gaming machines, and 300 tables for blackjack, baccarat, and others. Many of Phu Quoc’s casinos are hosted in either luxury hotels or are full blown all-inclusive casino resorts and the island is the only place in Vietnam with legal casinos and gambling. Since Phu Quoc is classified as a special economic zone of Vietnam, visitors to the island can stay visa free for up to 30 days. As such many gamblers arrive from direct flights from Singapore, Thailand, Sweden, Russia, China, India, Korea, and Cambodia,U.K., and even India. They arrive not just for the islands casinos but also to relax on some of the best beaches in all of Asia.
Phu Quoc completed construction of an international airport in 2012 that provides direct air service to many major cities and countries in Asia. The Phu Quoc International Airport can accommodate large commercial airlines and has regularly scheduled air service to approximately 11 cities, including at least 4 in Vietnam, with links to numerous other major Asia destinations.
Besides casino’s, Phu Quoc is blessed with a national park inundated with wildlife, a marine national park protected under UNESCO, a safari zoo, an amusement park, world class golf courses, historical temples, and fish sauce factories that produce the best fish sauce in the world.
The casino on Phu Quoc is called the “Vingroup Casino” and has the following characteristics:
- 8.800 square meters casino floor;
- 2 floors, swimming pool;
- A 4 star hotels with 1,440 rooms 8 floors;
- A Star hotels divided into 1 block and 1 block 7 floors 5 floors’
- Multi-story convention center’
- Theater ;
- A shopping complex called Bai Dai Walking Street.
Location Of The Casino’s On Phu Quoc
The casino’s on Phu Quoc are located in Ganh Dau in between Grand World Resort and Vinpearl Resort, near Bai Dai Beach. There are direct shuttle bus transfers to both the casino as well as the beach resorts found up here via the Phu Quoc International Airport. Ganh Dau is approximately 25 minutes away from Duong Dong Town, the islands capital.
Available Phu Quoc Casino Games
By far in Phu Quoc the most popular casino game here is baccarat. Some casinos don’t have anything except baccarat tables in them. Phu Quoc is welcoming Chinese, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, and Korean tourists coming to seek their fortune while vacationing on some of the best beaches in Asia. The gambling you will see at some of these establishments is not for the faint of heart. While there are plenty of shows, entertainment and nightlife, Phu Quoc really is a hardcore gamblers dream set in a upscale environment.
Who Can Gamble In Phu Quoc?
As of March 15, 2017 Vietnamese will be allowed to gamble at approved casino locations. A few years ago, Vietnamese locals were not allowed to gamble but the Ministry of Finance in Hanoi has lifted this law temporarily as they commence a three-year trial period to determine the feasibility of permitting their citizens to gamble in Vietnam. However, Vietnamese can only gamble at only two casino’s found in Vietnam, the Phu Quoc Island Casino and the casino located on an Don Island in Ha Long Bay. Both of these casino’s are part of larger hotel resort complexes that have at least $2BN investment capital, which was necessary in order to participate in the 3 year trial run of allowing nationals to gamble. It is estimated that some of the $800MN per year of loss taxable casino revenue will return to Vietnam due to the lifting of these national gambling sanctions.
Both Vietnamese Nationals and Foreigners are permitted to gamble at the new Phu Quoc Island Casino. Foreigners who hold an international passport will be allowed entry into the casino provided that they are over the age of 21, wearing the appropriate attire, and not inebriated. Vietnamese Nationals will be permitted to enter the Phu Quoc Casino if they satisfy the following conditions:
Phu Quoc Casino Rules For Vietnamese Nationals:
- Must be over 21 years old;
- Show proof that they earn over $440.00 US Dollars per month in salary, 10MN Vietnamese Dong;
- Must not have no criminal record;
- Gamblers immediate family (husband, wife, parents, kids, etc.) should have no objections to them playing at the casino. If a complaint is made to the local authorities, would be gamblers will be denied entry.
- Local residents will have to pay $44.00US as an entrance fee per day (24 hour period) or apply for a monthly pass that is fixed at $1,100.00US.
- Appropriate attire must be worn
- Would be gamblers must not be inebriated
Vietnam Casino Decree
The official Vietnamese law on gambling, known as the “Casino Decree”, was issued on January 20, 2017 and announced by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. The casino decree (file no. 032017NDCP) lifts the ban on Vietnamese citizens to gamble for the first time in Vietnam’s history. Specifics of the casino decree can be found below:
Official Vietnam Casino Decree
- A “Casino Business“, as stated in the Vietnam casino decree, refers to electronic gaming machines (slot machines, e-roulette, e-poker, etc) and gaming tables (blackjack, poker, roulette, sic bo, baccarat, pai gow, mahjong) where prizes can be won, including cash, gifts, and items which have monetary value.
- A “Casino Business” is treated as a regulated and conditional business sector.
- Investors must apply for a casino operating license and must meet the conditions outlined in the certificate of satisfaction of casino business.
- A casino must be located inside a larger resort complex. No separate casino sites are permitted in Vietnam.This requirement requires the applying businesses to go through the following 02 licensing process: (i) An Investment Registration Certificate (IRC) for the casino resort complex and (ii) A Casino Business License (CBL) for the casino itself.
- A CBL term is within 20yrs from the issuance date of the relevant IRC or in principle approval of the underlying investment. Another 10 year extension is allowed but within the lifespan of IRC.
- Conditions vary and discretionary including a US$2BN of total investment capital of which 50% must be contributed before issuance of the CBL.
- Vietnamese nationals will be allowed entry and permitted to gamble at specific casinos approved by the appropriate authority on a three year trial basis, which is calculated from the 1st day opening of the authorized integrated resorts.
- Only 2 casinos are open to Vietnamese nationals on the 3 year pilot program: (i) the Vinpearl Phu Quoc Casino, located on Phu Quoc Island, and (ii) A yet to be named casino at in Van Don District, Quang Ninh Province (North Vietnam).
- The Ho Tram Resort in Vung Tau is slated to join the pilot program as well.
- Visitors and Vietnamese nationals are permitted to enter casinos if they satisfy the following conditions: 1) are over 21 years of age, 2) earn more than $440.00US per month (10MN VND); 4) pay an entrance fee of $44.00US 1MN VND) which allows in and out entry of the casino for 24 hours, or $1,100.00US (25MN VND) for a monthly pass; and 5) Their family members to not object to them gambling.
- Vietnamese currency, the Vietnam Dong, is the only currency used for conversion transactions at casinos for local players. This may or may not apply to international players depending on the situation.
- The number of gaming tables and gaming machines depends on investment size of the investor. For each $10MN US amount, a package of 1 gaming table and 10 gaming machines are permitted.
For Phu Quoc Casino Resorts
If you want to stay at the new Vinpearl Phu Quoc Casino Resort or in the surrounding area, we have found the best priced accommodation options for you: